Tuesday, February 28, 2012

February 28, 2012

The month of February was way too busy for me to do much computer work.  I am happy to be back on my blog.  Winter is almost over in my part of the world, spring will soon be here and I can open the windows and let the fresh breezes blow through the house.  I can hardly wait for those days to get here!

I was only going to put completed projects on this blog, but when cleaning, I came across these embroidered ladies and thought you would enjoy seeing them.  The ladies are from a pattern called: Victorian Ladies, #222, from Remembrances Two, Chesterland, Ohio. There are 12 ladies in this pattern.  The background fabric I used is a Moda, #9900-12 and the blocks are size 16-1/2 inches square.  The pattern called for number 12 Sulky thread, but I couldn't locate the thread locally.  I substituted DMC, size 12, Pearl Cotton, color number 814.  The only complaint I have with the Pearl Cotton is that it doesn't leave a clean, sharp embroidered line.  I started this project in January of 2005.

I have no idea as to when I will get the remaining ladies embroidered, because I can't find the pattern for the rest of them.  I found the background cut blocks, but the pattern wasn't with the cut fabric.  Guess I must clean a bit deeper.  The only part of this project I didn't enjoy, was/is, the tracing the pattern to the background fabric.  Even with a light box, it was labor intensive.
Here are the ladies that are done, enjoy.




1 comment: