Monday, April 9, 2012

Fabric Painting

A couple of years ago, I took an online  class on fabric painting with Sue Beevers at  Quiltcampas.  I just checked the website and they are no longer giving classes.  If you ever get a chance to take a class from Sue Beevers, please do.  She is very patient with people and you do learn a lot.  When I took my course, I could only actually do two lessons with the group, for the temperatures weren't warm enough for me to do the painting outside. We did a lot of splatters and stuff like that which were messy.  I eventually used two card tables, put one on top of the other, tops facing, wrapped plastic around the legs on three sides, put a piece of plastic over the top, and made myself a paint booth.  I leveled out the working surface with cardboard.  It worked very well and could be torn apart when not in use.  
Some of the fabric was painted when dry and others were painted with the fabric wet.  The most fun I had was dampening a piece of fabric and just cleaning my brushes with the damp fabric.  I loved the way the water made the colors run

No comments:

Post a Comment