Friday, July 13, 2012

I am back

It has been some time since I have been on my blog.  It has been a very busy time since I was last here.  I had a sister-in-law pass away, and a brother-in-law had a stroke.  My brother-in-law never married, therefore it required a lot more running on my part.  I am the only one left in the family who could drive.  I couldn't do it all, so called upon my church family to help me out and found many people who were more than willing to do so.  My brother-in-law is now released to do his own driving, so our lives can go back to normal. I can now take a few hours each day to indulge in my passion of creating.

I am looking forward to sharing more of what I am doing in my needlework, both completed projects as well as short term and long term projects I am now working on.  I have found the importance of having kits of projects ready to go for when you run into times when you can only devote 5- 10 minutes a day to stitching.

Even though I have not written on the blog, I have been continually taking pictures of things I want to share.  It is so easy to take pictures now that I have an IPod, which is so handy to have along at all times.  No more running to find the big camera and finding the batteries need to be charged.  

I am sad to say that I didn't get the pictures of all of my yard flowers as they bloomed.  I was so hoping to have them all recorded in pictures.  The white hydrangeas were the ones that I wanted pictures of the most, and I missed them completely.  With the drought we are now having, everything doesn't last long when they bloom, so the window of time to get the pictures is much shorter than it should be.

It is time to go through the house and start de-cluttering and passing things on, for I am entering the winter season of my life and I don't want so much around for my children to go through.  The wonderful world of the Kindle allows me to read to my heart's content, and yet not have books around to dust.  Reading is a passion with me and my house is way to full of books.  It will be  hard for me to do, but I have decided that all my fiction books will go.  Well, not all, for I love the Lewis L'Amour westerns and I worked long and hard to find used copies so that I would have a complete set.  There are a few fiction books which are my favorites and I read them over and over again, but, many of the other fiction books can move on.

Speaking of the Kindle, you can find many free books on the internet to read.  One of my favorite places to go for free books is:  http://www.pixelofink.com/    They put out a new selection of free books each day. 

This is it for today.  Tomorrow I will start with pictures and sharing.  Have yourself a good day today and try to steal a few minutes to create.  You will be much happier if you do.





No comments:

Post a Comment