Thursday, January 12, 2012

January 12, 2012

Today I thought of showing you this wall hanging.  A friend of mine took an apple-core template, and wondered how the pieces would go together if she substituted straight lines for the curves.  She then cut out all the fabrics but never got around to putting the project together. She gave it all to me and I hand pieced the patches together and then appliqued the outer edges to a black fabric border.  I also hand quilted this piece by quilting in the ditch.   I like this wall hanging a lot.  The name of the piece was named by my friend, "Idiots Delight".


I just had to share this picture of my Prue with you.  She makes me laugh each time I see her sitting this way.  She is the first cat that I have had that has done this.  I hope that she gives you a laugh as well.

1 comment:

  1. Your talents amaze me! I feel so lazy compared to you!

    I love the picture of your cat - I think we had a cat that sat like that but never for very long. Cats are my favorite pet.

    ReplyDelete